Whole Structure Treatments In LA, Orange & San Bernardino Counties
The state of California has only approved heat treatments and fumigation as primary treatments for termites. Local treatments can eliminate isolated infestations of termites, but for complete control we offer heat treatments and full struture fumigation. After inspection, your technician will advise you of all wood destroying pest findings and determine which types of treatments are the best solution to control your infestation.
In situations where termites are inaccessible to secondary methods, tenting your home or office is a surefire way to guarantee total termite knockdown. Inspection begins with a licensed termite inspector providing a full inspection of your residence and property. During the inspection, the source of all termite evidence will be inspected and problem areas will be identified, as well as potential termite harborages. Your termite inspector will create a termite report and a customized plan of action for the fumigation of your structure.
Each year, about 100,000 fumigations are conducted in California. Costs for termite control and repair of damage from drywood termites exceeds $300 million annually and are projected to increase! Scientists have shown that fumigation is a reliable and complete method for elimination of infestations of drywood termites and other pests such as wood-destroying beetles and bed bugs. Products like Vikane and Zythor are preferred for fumigation in southern California because they leave no residue behind after the tenting process has ended.
It is your responsibility to help prepare your home for the fumigation. Taking the following steps prior to fumigation helps ensure its success, resulting in the elimination of drywood termites from your home. The day before fumigation, water and cut back foliage, shrubbery and landscaping at least 18 inches from the structure to allow room for the tarps.
- On the day of fumigation:
- Remove all plants from your home, including those on outdoor patios.
- Evacuate all people and pets from the structure.
- Remove mattresses completely enveloped in plastic, such as baby mattresses with waterproof covers, or remove the covers themselves.
- Remove or double-bag any food, feed, drugs and medicinals in special Nylofume bags your fumigator provides. You do not need to bag or remove items in plastic, glass, or metal bottles, cans or jars with the original manufacturer’s airtight seal intact.
- Seal the Nylofume bags one at a time by twisting the tops, or folding down and sealing with tape, twisty ties, string or rubber bands. DO NOT TIE BAGS IN A KNOT. Your fumigator can provide special instructions on proper bagging procedures for you.
- Double-bag cold and frozen foods and leave them in the refrigerator and freezer to make it easier to stack the bags inside.
- Be sure to remove or double-bag anything that will be ingested (medicine, spices, etc.)
TestimonialsMartina S. Los Angeles, California
Great service from a team that is amazing! Fair rates, detailed services but most of friendly. I had a termite problem in my livingroom, George explained to me that we can have the affected area treated without having to tent the whole house and at a very reasonable price. The tech came over and treated the area locally, neatly and quickly. I am very satisfied with their services and will continue refering them to my friends. Thanks again George. Testimonials
Depending on accessibility, localized or "spot" treatments are perfect for exterminating isolated infestations of termites. After a complete inspection of your home is completed, our termite inspector will recommend the best type of treatment suited to the structure. There are several alternative methods of localized termite spot treatments, transferable termiticides, residual termiticides, borate treatments, foaming penetrants, heat treatments, microwaves and electricity. In certain situations, such as controlling Subterranean termites, drilling and treating or rod and trench applications of repellent termiticide barriers are the only choice for continuing control. Repellent termiticides provide form a repellent barrier which prevents termites from entering the structure. Learn more about local termite treatments.
Pest Innovations offers free Termite Inspections to home owners, HOAs, Property Management and business owners and there is a nominal fee for Escrow Termite Reports. We also offer yearly termite treatment control services. Learn more about our termite inspections.