Rodent Control & Removal In Los Angeles
Also serving Orange county, San Fernando Valley, Riverside & San Bernardino Counties
Mice and Rat infestations are not only unsightly, but can also bring disease and parasites into your home or business. Rodents can spread diseases like Hantavirus, through their droppings and cause damage to your electronics and ventilation systems.
Norway rats are brownish grey in color and are identified by their large size and short tail. The average adult is about 16 inches long from nose to tail. It is more aggressive than its cousin, the black rat. These rats often enter structures through woodpiles, non-screened vents or doggie doors.
Black Rats or Roof Rats
The black rat, or roof rat, is similar to a Norway rat, but their tails are slightly longer and their bodies are slightly shorter. The average adult roof rat is about 15 inches long and has a sleek appearance. These rats prefer living in canopies or trees with dense climbing vines and can enter structures when trees touch roof tops. As a result, they are often found in attic spaces.
House Mouse / Field Mouse
House mice are most commonly found in cities, but can also live as field rodents away from buildings and structures. These mice are often confused with baby rats, but their heads and feet are proportionate to their bodies. During the average life span of a female mouse, she can produce 6-10 litters every 30-50 days. Each litter can consist of 5-6 young. Spotting one mouse, may mean that there are more in areas you can’t spot.
Rodent Waste Is Dangerous To Humans
- The presence of rodent in an attic means urine and feces, and even animal carcasses, that give off odors. You may be living with a nasty litter box right above your head.
- According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), humans can become infected with diseases from rodents after exposure to fresh urine, droppings, saliva, or nesting materials. Once droppings are moved around, spores can become airborne and can enter the human body through inhaling, or contact with eyes or skin.
- Animals and their residue attract insects, mold, bacteria, and other microorganisms, which feed and breed on organic wastes.
- According to the USDA, since free-roaming wildlife does not receive veterinary care, all species can carry diseases and parasites.
- The USDA cites fleas, ticks, lice, and mites as contributing to tuberculosis, histoplasmosis, and encephalitis. Children and pets are, particularly at risk.
- Disturbed or damaged insulation will costs you money in energy bills and invites moisture damage.
- Uneven insulation and leaky ductwork make your HVAC system work harder.
Southern California's Favorite Extermination Company
We have been using Pest Innovations to service more than 50 buildings that we manage. They have been doing so for over a year and we are very satisfied with their service, their pricing and their results. They have taken care of all kinds of pests for us, including cockroaches, bed bugs, termites, mice and rats. No problem has been too big or too small. We highly recommend this company for a house or a large apartment building. George is very knowledgeable and all of his technicians are trained and know what to do in every situation.
Fred S, Los Angeles
Pest Innovations' company treats a wide number of pests, including ants, roaches, mosquitoes, termites, and rodents. They are also experienced in treating bed bugs. Have worked on a daily basis with this company for a while now and I am very satisfied. Follow up treatments are scheduled in a timely manner and is always consistent. The professional staff, immediate responses, and scheduled appointments make it a pleasure to work with.
Sandra V, Pomona
Pest Innovations offers free rodent inspections to homeowners, HOAs and Property Management companies, Commercial businesses and restaurants. For more information about our rodent services, call us today!
Pest Innovations uses a combination of traps and bait placement to treat rodent infestations. We also include exclusion work, which means we will go through and seal any entry points in the structure. We also offer Rodent Clean Out services that will disinfect attic spaces for rodent droppings or urine. The best method of rodent control begins with a proactive approach. Pest Innovations recommends beginning a rodent control maintenance service that will include trap and bait replacement. We offer monthly, bi-monthly and quarterly services.
Regular Rodent Service
Regular rodent control service prevents future outbreaks.
Pest Innovations is happy to customize a regularly scheduled rodent control service based on your needs and budget. We offer monthly, bi-weekly and weekly service. We also offer bi-monthly and quarterly service. If you’re interested in our rodent pest control services, call Pest Innovations today!