Subterranean Termite Control In Los Angeles
Also serving Orange county, San Fernando Valley, Riverside & San Bernardino Counties
Subterranean termites are found wherever moist soil is present. They are the most destructive termite species. They're swarmers, or reproductive-stage termites, are most often seen in late winter or spring on warm days after it rains, and they can be confused with other flying insects.
Subterranean termites are the most widespread and destructive termite found in the US. These termites construct tunnels through soil to wood buried in the ground, or wood that is in direct contact with the ground. They require the soil to be moist or to have a source of water near by. They cause massive damage by weakening structural foundations and in some cases, can require a home or business owner to rebuild the structure or relay a slab. Subterranean termites are best treated with Altriset, Termidor, foam treatments and soil treatments.
What Attracts Subterranean Termites?
- Wood in direct contact with soil and the home’s foundation can provide an access point subterranean termites to get inside. Dead tree stumps, fallen trees or tree branches, or any rotting wood material can also serve as food for termites.
- Subterranean termites are attracted to moisture; they need it to survive. Excess moisture from heavy rains and flooding, broken sprinkler heads and pipes, or clogged gutters can cause excess moisture to build up, making adjacent wood and insulation vulnerable to termites.
- Any cracks in a foundation, or gaps in siding, can provide termites a means to get inside. Subterranean termites, the most frequently encountered termite in California, build mud tubes in cracks and use them to move indoors. Cracks around windows and doors also allow swarmer termites of all species to gain access.
- Firewood stacked against their homes for easy access. However, doing this can draw termites toward the home and provide a point of entry. Clark recommends keeping firewood and woodpiles at least 20 feet away from the home and, if possible, store wood raised at least five inches off the ground.
- Mulch along the foundation of buildings can serve as a source of food for termites and it retains moisture, which can attract these destructive pests. Minimize the use of wood mulch, and keep it at least 15 inches from the foundation.
Southern California's Favorite Extermination Company
George and his team are AMAZING! His staff is prompt, polite, and always helpful. I have worked with them for over a year now on multiple projects. Everything from monthly pest control treatments, to bedbug treatments, termite work, rodent control; they do it all. They are quick to respond and always priced better than their competitors. Just give the office a call and schedule your appointment. Daniela usually answers when I contact the office. She is so sweet and helpful, makes you want to make Pest Innovations your Go-To pest service company. Thanks for the wonderful service!!!
Jessica C, Los Angeles
Great service from a team that is amazing! Fair rates, detailed services but most of friendly. I had a termite problem in my livingroom, George explained to me that we can have the affected area treated without having to tent the whole house and at a very reasonable price. The tech came over and treated the area locally, neatly and quickly. I am very satisfied with their services and will continue refering them to my friends. Thanks again George.
Martina S, Pomona
Needed a trustworthy company to educate me on the best non toxic option for getting rid of the termites inside my garage. So glad I found Pest Innovations. George took a lot of time answering my questions on the phone and helping me decide how to proceed. I ended up deciding on heat treatment. Armando came here and did the inspection and explained what would happen on the day the work was done. The guys came today (on time) and did the job. I was really stressing about having this work done, but they had a great attitude and made the entire experience less stressful for me.They were very conscientious about removing things from my garage and insulating things that could not be removed (such as my sprinklers timer for my garden), so nothing would be damaged by the heat, and they returned everything to its rightful place in the garage before they left.Great job guys! Thank you.
Lin O, Pomona
Signs Of Termite Activity
Mud Tubes - These pencil-width paths lead from the nest to your home. Check the surrounding land, outer foundation wall, any crawl spaces and your basement.
Swarms - Reproductive termites will swarm primarily between spring and early summer depending on location. Check for this type of termite and the wings they shed. Shed wings can often be found near windowsills, as winged termites are attracted to light.
Conducive Conditions - Termites are attracted to certain conditions that help assist their development. Look for wood in direct contact with soil, and high moisture in and around your home. Correct these conditions to prevent further termite entry into your home.
Weakened Wood - Long, thin cracks and sagging can mean wood has been hollowed out by termites.
Pest Innovations offers free Termite Inspections to home owners, HOAs, Property Management and business owners and there is a nominal fee for Escrow Termite Reports. We also offer yearly termite treatment control services. For more information about our termite treatments, call today!
Non-repellent termiticides prevent and control termite infestations.
Non-repellent termiticides stop subterranean termite feeding within hours of exposure. The first termites to come into contact with the treatment are exposed through contact and ingestion and carry it to the colony on their bodies to affect other unexposed termites. Delayed toxicity means exposed termites that have stopped feeding can still walk, groom and aggregate in groups for an extended period of time, allowing treatment to further spread among colony members. Non-repellent termiticies controls termites in less than three months and provides long-lasting residual structural protection.
Subterranean termites swarm in the Los Angeles area all year long. We offer a 2 year warranty on all whole-structure termite treatments. To prevent Subterranean termites from returning, we also offer continuing protection plans. A technician will regularly inspect to your property for termites and apply preventative treatments where neccessary.
Get Rid Of Your Pests Today
Pest Innovations is happy to customize a regularly scheduled service for your home based on your needs and budget. We offer weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, bi-monthly and quarterly services. If you’re interested in our residential pest control services, call Pest Innovations today!